Three years in prison for the cocaine-dealing nephew of serial killer Dale Cregan

The nephew of one-eyed double-cop killer Dale Cregan was sentenced to three years in prison after claiming unsuccessfully that his uncle’s reputation influenced him to deal drugs.

Oscar Cregan, 20, a self-proclaimed “bad man,” helped establish a cocaine trafficking ring in his neighborhood after returning to the United Kingdom from a period of hiding in Spain with his family.

During a March 2014 stop and search in Dukinfield, Greater Manchester, he was apprehended and found to be in possession of two Nokia “burner” phones used to distribute cocaine and morphine.

During his detention, he was spotted writing “f**k Greater Manchester Police” and “Oscar Cregan is a bad man” on a door in the exercise yard of Salford’s Forest Bank prison.

The unhappy teenager had allegedly stolen a Rolex watch worth $5,000 from a pawn shop.

Cregan was sentenced to three years in prison on Thursday for the distribution of class A and class C drugs, criminal damage, and theft.

20-year-old Oscar Cregan was sentenced to three years in prison for attempting to distribute cocaine in Manchester.

In September 2012, Dale, Cregan’s uncle, lured unarmed PCs Hughes and Bone to a residence with a fake 999 call, and when they arrived, he shot both ladies at least eight times before hurling a grenade at them.

At the time of the murders, Cregan was already on the run for the murders of David, 46, and Mark Short, 23. He is currently serving a life sentence in prison.

Oscar, the youngest son of Dale Cregan’s sister Kelly, attempted to blame his actions on living in the shadow of his uncle, who is currently serving four life terms for the gun and grenade murders of WPCs Fiona Bone and Nicola Hughes, as well as a father and son, during a 2012 homicidal rampage.

It was stated that Dale Cregan, who is receiving a life sentence for the murders, will die in prison.

PCs Bone and Hughes, both unarmed, were shot upon arrival at a residence after being lured there by a fake 999 call.

A judge rejected his pleadings and sentenced him to three years in prison, stating that “many people in similar circumstances lead law-abiding lives.”

In 2015, Oscar fled to Malaga with Kelly, his older brother Oli, who is now 22 years old, and his twin sisters Annie and Alice after cocaine dealer Dale was found guilty of murder.

At the time, Kelly stated that the family feared retaliatory attacks from gangland rivals Mark and David Short’s accomplices because another relative had received phone threats that acid would be thrown in her face.

Mark Short, 23, was shot dead by Dale while playing pool in a pub in Droylsden, east Manchester, while his father, 46, was shot and finished off with a grenade in nearby Clayton.

When the situation in the UK got too perilous, Kelly brought her young children with her to Spain.

After being apprehended by police, Oscar described to himself as a ‘bad guy’

Kelly had to locate new schools for Oscar and his siblings on the Costa del Sol while she was in hiding. believed to have returned to Britain in 2018

The prosecutor, Stuart Neale, stated, “On November 9, 2021, the defendant and another unknown person entered a pawn shop in Manchester.” The couple approached the counter and asked the store associate if they may try on a £5,000 Rolex that was displayed behind glass.

“As the assistant handed the couple the watch, they waited a moment before running out of the store into the street. The couple were seen on CCTV, and Greater Manchester Police were provided with their description.

“On March 15, 2022, two police officers approached the defendant after noting that he matched the description; he was then stopped and searched.” On his person, the officers discovered £320 in cash and two Nokia burner phones.

‘He was arrested on suspicion of drug distribution, and investigation of the two phones revealed text messages implicating the defendant in drug distribution. The defendant had been operating a local narcotics network for the past three months, as evidenced by these texts.

The texts revealed that he was involved in the distribution of substances of Class A, including cocaine and morphine. However, no narcotics were discovered on his person. During his detention at HMP Forest Bank. A correctional officer observed that the defendant was standing alone in the exercise yard.

When he was instructed to turn around, the office discovered that the defendant had etched graffiti onto a door that stated “f**k Greater Manchester Police” and “Oscar Cregan is a thug.” It is expected that the door damage will cost £595.

Cregan will spend the next three years of his life in prison following a rough background.

Cregan, who had a previous referral order for cannabis possession in 2018 and admitted to criminal damage, theft, and intent to distribute drugs, had a prior referral order for cannabis possession.

Cregan’s attorney, Daniel Calder, stated in mitigation that Oscar’s backstory with his uncle Dale Cregan ‘gave the entire family great anguish and upheaval.’

He stated, “In particular, has had to deal with the resulting burdens and obstacles.” In an attempt to salvage his schooling, he had to relocate to Spain for a period of years.

His acts are a direct result of the hard environment in which he grew up. He has maintained steady employment throughout his life, primarily as a laborer, but he fell into the common pattern of debt dependence that frequently leads to drug dealing as a means of paying off these loans.

In his sentencing remarks, Judge Mark Savill stated, ‘The defendant is a young man born into circumstances not of his own choosing, but there are numerous persons who have been born into similar circumstances who have gone on to lead law-abiding lives.

He told Oscar, ‘Although you were 18 at the time of the offenses, that age is not a cliff edge, and at that time you were very grown and well beyond the threshold.

“I find it difficult to believe that you and your accomplice entered the pawn shop that day for a reason other than to steal.” Especially considering that the stolen watch was worth £5000.

“Even though you were not found with drugs on your person during the search, it was evident that you ran a drug supply ring for dangerous class A drugs.” However, I believe that there were more powerful forces at play in your interactions, which diminishes your participation.’


One-eyed Dale Cregan is the infamous uncle of Oscar Cregan.

He is currently receiving a life sentence for the 2012 gun and grenade murders of four persons, including two policewomen.

In April, Cregan began his killing spree by murdering 23-year-old amateur boxer Mark Short in a pub in Droylsden, Manchester.

Three further people, thought to be the victim’s relatives, sustained leg and back injuries.

Mark Short’s father David was gunned down in Clayton, Manchester, four months later. Mr. Short called the murderers of his son “cowards.”

Police received reports nine minutes after the event that bullets had been fired at a second Droylsden residence, where a grenade had apparently exploded. No one was hurt during the incident.

Detectives stated that they desired to meet with Cregan, whom they had freed in May after associating him with the first murder but lacked sufficient evidence to indict him.

In September of that year, the murderer used a phony 999 call to lure cops Fiona Bone and Nicola Hughes to a residence.

Cregan shot them and tossed an M75 grenade at them when they arrived. At least eight bullets struck both cops as Cregan fired 32 shots in 31 seconds.

He later surrendered at a police station and admitted to murdering the unarmed women.

The next year, the criminal acknowledged to the attempted murder of three others in a high-profile court case.

Cregan was incarcerated at Manchester Prison during his four-month trial, which began in February 2013.

At Preston Crown Court, where the trial was held, scaffolding was erected to accommodate armed officers.

The daily convoy carrying Cregan between Manchester and Preston consisted of two prison vans, police cars, motorcycle outriders, and a helicopter. Police snipers kept watch over the building from nearby offices, and the convoy included two prison vans, police cars, motorcycle outriders, and a helicopter.

In total, 120 Greater Manchester Police officers were deployed each day, and the anticipated total cost of the study exceeded £5 million.

Cregan was convicted of all four murders and three attempted murders on June 13, 2013, and was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

After admitting to the murders, which generated public outrage and an outpouring of sympathy for the police, he was assured he would never be released.

Anthony Wilkinson was sentenced to a minimum of 35 years in prison for his role in the murder of David Short by gun and explosives.

After a second hunger strike in April 2015, he was briefly transferred to the high-security mental facility Ashworth Hospital in Merseyside.

After being remanded to solitary confinement, he reportedly began rejecting food at the Category A prison HMP Manchester, formerly known as Strangeways.